Sunday, February 27, 2011

Design Indaba 2011

Well, after some serious sleep deprivation, it was off to the Design Indaba in Cape Town.

While I think that it is amazing that Cape Town can show its talent, I also believe that I have possibly seen the same things for the past four years.

It is a great opportunity for thousands of people to see your creations, and there is a huge possibility that you might get a larger client base. Therefore, it is a great marketing strategy to have a stall at the Indaba. Personally, Im not sure if I would want to show my garments at the Indaba, but then again, any publicity is good!

There were tons of ceramics, and plenty of couches (So many, that I was tempted to take a nap in one of them). There was a significant lack of clothing though, which I found strange, as there is so much emerging talent in this country.

With my camera in hand, I managed to sneak some photo's, even though they are never impressed that we take photographs. I personally don't understand this, as it is publicity.  And, don't stress people, I am not an interior designer, so I won't try and copy your designs :)

My favourite stall was the van der Merwe Miszewski Architects. They had plenty of scaled down house designs, and it transported me into a world of, "I WANT ONE OF THESE HOUSES"... Only to be brought back down to earth as I tripped over some contraption on the floor.

So with a very bruised foot, and some nice photographs, I decided it was time to go home and work on my own designs.







Until we meet again,
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello nice blog compliments will follow you if you want to come see and follow me in my blog ... waiting for you kiss

    http://vale-zagu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Your blog is stunning!

    ReplyDelete