Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beautiful Swan...

While many people might think that it is easy to design a collection, I guarantee it is not! First there is a concept, then designing and fabric choice. After a few weeks of drawing, I began to lose the plot a bit, and decided to take an evening off to watch the much anticipated Black Swan.

Well, what an incredible movie. This one was something you either loved or hated. I loved it, and I think Darren Aronofsky chose the perfect setting, and the perfect actors. Natalie Portman was magnificent, and once the movie was finished, I actually felt quite shaken.

It revolves around a young ballet dancer who has a serious need for perfection. She is cast as the swan in Swan Lake, but is only good at being the white swan. After meeting a new student (Mila Kunis), the dancer unravels as she forces herself to be as evil as the black swan.

Only after I watched the movie, did I realise how well it tied in with my graduate collection. It combines all of the elements of what I am designing, which completely inspired me to get back to the drawing board.

All of this inspiration has finally come together with the 70 technical drawings that are due tomorrow :)
And the lack of sleep was well worth it.

Here are scenes from the movie that inspired me:









 The make up was fantastic.



Transition into the Black Swan.


Until we meet again
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment