Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy week!

Storyboards were finally handed in on Monday after our two week holiday. There was, however, no rest for the wicked, and we were given what felt like 100 new briefs. We had two storyboards due for Friday, and for the first time in my studies, I finished 20 minutes before the time.

The brief was to design transformative clothing. Therefore, we had to take a piece of clothing, and turn it into something else.
The other one was interactive clothing. This is clothing that has a purpose.

My idea was clothing made for our bad economic climate. It was summer clothes that turned into winter clothes and vise versa.
The interactive design had the same approach, but the clothing turned into storage units. The hood was remove, and it became a rucksack.

It was really interesting to think outside the box, and many of my peers had very fun designs. I am surprised that we all had some creativity in us after the 9 storyboards.

Some of our other briefs include accessory and shoe design, as well as life drawings of hands and feet. We have to do this in chalk.... I have such a mental block about chalk. It gives me goosebumps. But... time to get over that I guess :)

I am having major issues with uploading photos at the moment, but will add loads more next time.

Until we meet again
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment