Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Internship at Cindy Bam Couture

I recently started my three week internship, which is a must for any fashion student. I have been privileged enough to have the opportunity to learn and work at Cindy Bam Couture in the Palms Centre.

I literally had no idea where the Palms Centre was until I started my internship, but I soon realised that Cindy Bam had a very well established couture studio. It has been such an experience.

This studio is of an elite quality, with custom made; vintage style wedding dresses being made, as well as amazing couture for celebrities! It is just fantastic, and I have had to prevent myself from falling in love with each piece.

I have been working alongside Cindy Bam, as well as designer and pattern maker, Monique Aspeling. These two ladies, along with their staff are an incredible team that works very hard.

Day one included me finding out that I have to make an evening dress. Stress much?! But how fun it has been!!!

We also prepared for a sale, sewing wedding dresses, beading, and lace work. We even changed the studio around. I have not sat still once, and I love it.

Below are some of the images of Cindy Bam Couture, but there are more to come:


Outside the studio on the day of the sale


Entrance to Cindy Bam Couture


Cindy Bam doing a fitting


Theresa sorting wedding dresses


Monique lacing up a bride


Monique taking part in a photoshoot for the studio


The dresses


More dresses


The lounge


The fabric section


Head piece that I made


Tag for sale day


Sneak peak of the dress I am making

Until we meet again
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment