Thursday, July 14, 2011

More internship memories at Cindy Bam Couture.

My internship did not slow down after the sale, which I must add gave me a lot of experience. From brides stressing over the perfect dress, to the mothers of the brides stressing even more, it opened my eyes to what a serious business this was.

However, after the sale day, I helped put all the dresses back in their specific places, and then I was able to carry on sewing my dress. It was so nice to sew things in a new manner, compared to the manner at college. It just gave some diversity, and I learnt a new skill.

In between sewing my dress, I was surrounded by busy designers and seamstresses as they started sewing and preparing the new, custom made bridal wear. I have now got a new appreciation for lace, as it is so delicate, yet so robust at the same time.

I was very pleased to be able to sit in a meeting with Cindy Bam, the designer and the supervisor as they brainstormed for their fashion show in September. I am so happy for them, as they will be showing amongst other well known South African designers, and this is such amazing publicity. 

It will take place at Canal Walk on the 10th of September 2011. Be there!

Another very exciting prospect is Cape Town Fashion Week. It is officially taking place from tonight, and I was pretty sad that I had not booked tickets.  Well, Cindy Bam changed all of that when she invited me to a show tonight. And when I found out it was an Abigail Betz show, I almost fell off my chair. I am so incredibly excited about the show, especially because I will be alongside Cindy Bam and her designer Monique Aspeling. More about that coming soon :)

Below are some images of every day life at Cindy Bam Couture:


The cutting table - beautiful fabrics


A dress being sparkled up for an event


Steaming the fabric to perfection


Leonie Andrews cutting out fabric for a bride


I can not wait to do a post about the show tonight :)

Until we meet again
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment